Implant TeethReplace missing teeth with dental implants are an excellent treatment option. Dental implants are biocompatible posts that mimics the shape of natural teeth roots. Implants are placed in the jaw bone in the area of the missing tooth. It serves as a foundation and is used to anchor an artificial tooth. Replacing a single tooth or multiple teeth with a dental implant offers many advantages.
Advantages to teeth replacement with dental implants:
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Affordable: More affordable compared to other treatment options.
- Esthetic: Dental implants can look better and feel like natural teeth.
- Enjoy food better: More chewing surfaces. Unlike dentures, implant teeth are solid in the mouth, there are no denture sores, there are no bulky plates that cover the palate or gums.
- Best long term treatment option: High success rates. Preservation of the jaw bone.
- More conservative: Dental implants are independent from the adjacent teeth as opposed to a fix-bridge that requires the reshaping of the neighboring teeth for crowns.
- Most Hygienic: Ability to floss the implant tooth provides significant benefit to oral health.
What does the implant procedure involve?
Implant procedure are broken down to 3 phases. The planning phase, surgical phase and the prosthetic phase. During the planning phase, information is gathered and the final result is envisioned prior to starting treatment. During the surgical phase, the implant is placed in the jaw bone with the information gathered in the planning phase. There is a waiting period of 3 to 6 months for the bone to integrate with the implant. During the prosthetic phase, impressions are taken and parts must be fitted for the best final prosthetic outcome.
Does the dental implant procedure hurt?
The surgical phase of the dental implant procedures are performed under local anesthesia in our office. There is no pain during the procedure, the surgical area will be completely numb. After the the procedure, the patient usually experiences mild discomfort for a few days and mild swelling. Any discomfort will be controlled by medication.
How long does implant treatment take?
This depends on what the desired treatment plan entails. If it is to replace a single missing tooth, it can be any where from 3 months to 8 months from start of treatment. In other cases it can be sooner or longer. This should be discussed with your dentist after a thorough evaluation.
Why does implant treatment it take so long?
The limiting factor is a process called osseointegration. Osseointegration is a process where our jaw bone grows around and fuses to the titanium surface of implants. It is after this process where the implants can be used as an anchor for prosthetic teeth.
How successful are dental implants?
Dental implants have an extremely high success rate if done properly. If performed properly, dental implants have a 95-98% success rate. Success rates decrease for patients who are heavy smokers, uncontrolled diabetics or have been on IV bisphosphonate therapy. A skilled dentist should be able to perform the procedure with high success and should be able to have a backup plan if something fails.
The photos below are some before and after pictures.
Single Tooth Replacement with Dental Implants
Multiple Teeth Replacement with Dental ImplantPatients with no teeth, uncomfortable dentures can compromise their quality of life. Dental implants can be used to support a fixed set of teeth ie. permanent dentures that look and feel like strong natural teeth that they can chew with and brush right in the mouth.
Other Happy Patients with Permanent Teeth Replacements using Dental Implants
Create Your Smile With Us Today!
Call 718-888-9366 to schedule a free consultation.
Beautiful New Teeth on the Same Day
Full set of replacement teeth.
Surgery and fixed (non-removable) bridge placed on the same day.
If you are suffering with failed crowns and bridges, are tired of dentures or have been told you are not a candidate for traditional implants; All-on-4 may be for you. With the All-on-4 procedure you can receive implants and a full set of non-removable and replacement teeth during a single appointment.
Never use dentures again!
Get beautiful new teeth same day and start enjoying your new teeth right away.
Before Treatment After Treatment
Discover the Benefits of All-on-Four
- Affordable & attractive solution for missing teeth
- Is a treatment option even when bone loss has occurred
- Helps prevent further bone loss
- Immediate function
- Fixed prosthesis relieves the many frustrations of removable appliances
- Gives you teeth immediately!
- Placement is done in just one appointment
- Replaces your denture for a lifetime!
- Requires minimal recovery time
- Reduces overall cost drastically when compared to single implants
- Eliminates the need for bone grafting in most all cases
- Allows for easy maintenance through proper oral hygiene
- Restores the ability to eat all types of foods
- Ensures long-term results with the potential to last a lifetime
- Renews a youthful appearance through bone level stabilization
- Creates a whole new smile in just one day
- Enhances self-confidence and overall quality of life
- Relatively easy to maintain and repair
36-26 Main Street, Suite 2C, Flushing, N.Y. 11354
M,T,W,Th,F,S by appointments